Sunday, June 8, 2008

i have become half an engineer,yes the results were out this week and surprise surprise i passed.though i dont feel evn a wee bit more educated than i was 2 years back.i hope i donbt end make making this very same statement 2 years down the line.it doesnt matter much to me though,coz engineering never was and prolly never will b my cup of tea.lets face it i just wasnt cut out for strength of materials,khurmi,punmia and the works.what i am actually destined to succeed at is not clear to me as well.i have had conversations wid me more than once on this subject,on wat would suit me as a career i can pursue long term.so i go about it in a logical way.discuss my likes and dislikes and conclude how it might concur with a viable career opportunity.very first in the priority list is travelling.when i start working it should involve me going places,this idea was sowed n since fermented from wen i used to b addicted to lonelty planet/globe trekker on discovery way back wen i was in my 5th standard and didnt face the obstacle of obtaining a set top box to watch discovery channel.so this guy ,ian wright ,the person who used to host the show,i fell in love wid him n envied his lifestyle.i mean the very idea of getting paid to travel the world used to fascinate me.it still does.ever since then a lot many things happened.i changed schools,conditional access system came into action,although the former made me rethink my priority in a more prominent way.firstly coz the school i newly moved to (psbb,chennai)made me discover things about me which prolly i wudn hv cared to pay attention to otherwise.for instance ,certain opportunites offered to me at school made me realise that i was quite an actor ,a very gud one.ppl began noticing yme,for my talent then n encouraged me to get on the stage more often.and after a while i was not orating memorised stuff on stge in front of ppl.the content was original,in most cases extempory and funny.meanwhile my english improved manifolds in a span of 2 years and i discovered writing,and to gather inspiration for it from books,tv,movies etc.i am a very special person when it comes to coming up with ideas.then i thought of becoming an advertising copyrighter.coz all i had to do was come up wid ideas to sell stuff thru ads.the idea of making a gud movie,or writing a gud book has always been at the back of my mind.evn to this d8 all of this seems to inspire me,to fascin8 me,the need to b ne one of the aforesed professionals is still as fresh as evry lil kids desire to b a pilot or an astronaut.but in a way engineering in a way has helpedd me more than evr to reinforce the idea of becoming a travelling advertising copyrighter/author/actor/filmaker/author/pilot coz with each passing semester i realise what a useless engineer i am goin to become.

No comments: